About Government e-Marketplace – GeM portal or Government e Marketplace is an Indian government portal where services and products are bot bid for and procured. All government agencies as well as public sector companies participate in the GeM portal transactions. It helps in transparent procurement of services and products through online tender and bidding platform.
The GeM Portal is a big step towards getting rid of corruption in procurement of services and government tenders. Making it digital and transparent, Government of India launched GeM Portal for using Internet as a medium of trading and business transactions. The main motive of GeM portal or Government e Marketplace is to provide transparency and fair opportunities in trade.
What are the benefits of GeM portal?
Benefits of GeM portal are following –
- It makes online business easy.
- It provides access to do business with big suppliers and providers in country.
- You don’t need much marketing to reach whole India with your product.
- All type of trading options are available for buyers and sellers.
- Auction and bidding facilities are provided.
- Secure and transparent as per Government of India.
- Great customer service.
GeM portal features
Here are some of the main features of Government e Marketplace –
- The website has a very easy to use interface.
- It has government supported business process.
- PSUs are available on the GeM portal to connect with.
- Good payment process with all major banks.
- The digital structure of the marketplace makes the sorting of products easier.
To use the portal as a buyer or seller, you have to first login to the GeM portal login page. Use following steps to login into the GeM portal –
How to Log in into GeM Portal?
- Visit gem.gov.in login page.
- Enter your GeM login ID.
- Enter the captcha code shown there.
- Submit and then enter your PIN.
- Login and open your GeM portal dashboard.
Click here to visit the GeM portal login page – https://sso.gem.gov.in/ARXSSO/oauth/doLogin
GeM Seller Registration
To register as a seller on the GeM portal, use following steps –
- Open the GeM portal for vendors.
- Click on ‘Register as sellers’ link.
- It will open the seller registration form.
- Fill the Pre-requisites.
- Make sure you have all the documents required for GeM seller registration.
- Fill the form and verify your email address.
- Complete registration as a seller.
Also check – IFHRMS Karuvoolam Login
Documents required for GeM Portal seller registration
- Your Aadhaar Number/Virtual ID or Personal PAN Number allotted by the Income Tax Department.
- While registering with Aadhaar, mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- While registering with PAN, exact PAN details such as PAN number, PAN name and Date of birth.
- Active Email id (can be Personal E-mail Id or Company/Organization allotted Email-Id)
- Business/Organisation Type:
- Proprietorship (If you are registering as a sole proprietor business)
- Firm (If you are registering as a Partnership / LLP Firm)
- Company (If you are registering a Private / Public limited company)
- Trust / Society / Association of persons (If you are registering a Trust / Society / association of persons)
- Government Entity (If you are registering a Government Entity)
- PAN Number of your Business (as per Income Tax records)
- Date of Incorporation/Registration of your business
- CIN (Company Information Number)
- Complete Registered Office Address Details along with Alternate E-Mail Id & Contact Number
- Billing Address with GSTIN Number
- Bank Account Number and IFSC Code of Bank Account
- Companies and Firms are required to verify Key Person information as per ITR records.
The requirements for secondary user registration are Aadhaar number, Mobile number which is linked with Aadhaar and Email ids with NIC provided domains.
No, they cannot.
Go to GeM login page on www.gem.gov.in and click on “Forgot your password”. There, Enter your GeM Portal buyer or seller user ID, enter the captcha and click on “Submit”. Check your email for reset link and reset your password.