BBMP property tax online payment – Bangalore property tax (BBMP) payment online process at the official website portal. From the official website you can also take printout of the receipt, challan, and application form.
About BBMP Property Tax
What is BBMP property tax
BBMP is usually known as Bangalore property tax it is the main source of income for the Bangalore state of India. The tax is used for the development activities of the state like maintenance of public utilities, paying salary to the government employees, building and repairing of drainage system. The State Government of Bangalore is counted among the one’s government who are taking the property tax to the digital level and establishment online payment system for the tax payers. The tax payers of the Bangalore state can easily pay their property tax by using the official website portal for tax. The Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBPM) collects the tax.
Bangalore Property Tax
What is Bangalore property tax
There are lot of details attached for a BBMP tax payer. They should comply with authority in order to avoid penalties. However the BBMP also checks for different issues which tends to add up the property value and also the amount to pay for each property owner. The various issues that BBMP check are as follows:
- The classification of property as residential or commercial
- The annual value of the property
- Zonal classification and dimensions of the property
- Each floor build up area and total built up area of the property
- Basement and all floor of property
BBMP Property Tax Payment
All the people who possess some property have to pay tax to the government at the end of financial year before the due date comes. If the property owners forget to pay the tax amount on time then he has to pay the tax amount a long with certain fine. On the other side, if the property owners pays the tax in advance then he will get a discount of 5%. All the property owners in the Bangalore state has to pay the tax before 30th April. They can pay by online process by following these steps:
Procedure for Online tax payment of BBMP property tax
- Visit it official BBMP property tax website portal
- From the homepage, fill SAS /property identification number then to continue click on fetch option.
- Property owner details will be shown on your screen but if in case you don’t remember the application number then click on renewal application number option
- now fill previous year application for the SAS or PID number and proceed further
- The owner details will come using previous year details on your screen next click on confirm to proceed further
- You will be redirected to a new page displaying a form IV, enter all the mandatory information according to your property
- In case if property owner wants to make certain changes like occupancy, property usage, dimensions and any other property related details. Then click on proceed option, a form 5 will appear enter the changes
- Check all the information carefully and make payment. You can choose either from the online method or a challan that needs to be deposit at the nearest BBMP office
- In case of online payment owners can you e-wallet, debit card, credit card, etc. Within 24 hours of payment you will receive your payment receipt
- Download and take printout of the receipt for future reference
BBMP property tax form
If the property owner is facing any issue then he can contact at :
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone no. : 080229705555
Zonal office number and payment due date of property tax
For the payment of tax at BBMP the official timings are from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 3 pm to 7 pm. However the property owners also have the option to pay their tax at the tax offices or by using the helpline numbers and follow instructions given by them. For late payment of tax you will be charged 2% every month to avoid this situation you can pay tax in two instalments before 30th April. While on the other side you will get a discount of 5% for advance payment of tax.
BBMP Property Tax Conditions
Properties considerable for Tax under BBMP
- All the residential properties whether rented or for residential use
- Sector buildings
- Godowns and office buildings
- All the commercial buildings
- All the flats
BBMP Property Tax Calculator
Process of Calculating BBMP Tax
BBMP (Bangalore property tax) is calculated by three different methods as given below:
- The annual rental value system
In the annual rental value system the Bangalore property tax is used to calculate whole property gross yearly rent and then levies the tax based on the anticipated value.
- Capital value system
In this method of tax calculation, the market value of the property decides the value of the tax for the concerned property.
- Unit area system
In the unit area system of tax calculation the property per unit price of a carpet property tax is charged.