Here you will come to know how to file a complaint at banking Ombudsman, what is the jurisdiction of banking Ombudsman, and kinds of complaints.
Banking Ombudsman scheme
India is considered as one the largest and highly populated countries in the entire world. While the country, with the help of a number of minor and major banks in the country, offers banking and other financial services to the citizens. The citizens have the right to choose the bank from which they want to receive the banking services and other financial services like loans, other investments, insurance policies. The Reserve Bank of India set all rules and regulations for the working of the banking system in the country. In case of any issue, the bank’s are answerable to RBI. However, the RBI also looks after any matter which creates problems to the customers at their bank branch. While the customers can file a complaint with the customer care desk, but even after several complaints if the problem is not solved, then the customer should use the banking Ombudsman scheme set by RBI.
At first the customer must take their complaint to their respective bank branch, lodge your complaint there and it should be solved. However, the RBI has set specific duration to solve the issues of card holders. In case, if the bank takes more time than the prescribed then RBI intervenes on customer behalf through banking Ombudsman scheme 2006.
Banking Ombudsman Meaning
What is meant by Banking Ombudsman?
The RBI appoints an official personnel whose role is to help in addressing the complaint lodged by customers against any specific financial and banking services. However, the personnel only interfere if the complaint goes beyond to the set complaint days as set by the RBI.
Banking Ombudsman Jurisdiction
Banking Ombudsman shall all the grievances of an applicant. On every 30th June the banking Ombudsman will report to the Governor of RBI. He will state all the affairs taken place in his office during the last financial year and give his general reviews on the matter.
Reasons for which complaint can be lodged with banking Ombudsman
The RBI has set rules for the banking Ombudsman to follow, like not all complaints are considered under it. All the customers are required to read the scheme carefully, in order to know what kind of complaint they can take to the banking Ombudsman.
- Non payment of ordinate delay in the collection or in payment of cheques, drafts, and bills.
- In case the bank is not accepting small denomination notes present for any purpose without giving any solid reason and charges commission because of the notes.
- In case the bank is not accepting coins without giving any solid reason and charging commission on it.
- Non-payment or delay in inward remittance payment.
- If the working hours are not adhered to in the bank.
- If the bank fails to fulfil or delay any banking facility like other than loans and advances as promised by the bank in written or by the banks sales agent.
- Non Indian residents having accounts in the country complaints regarding remittance from abroad, deposits, and all other banking related issues.
- If any bank refuses to open a deposit account without giving any solid reason.
- Without notifying the customer levying charges on the customer’s account.
- In case the bank doesn’t follow the RBI instructions regarding ATM/ debit card or other prepaid cards available in the country.
- If the bank doesn’t follow the RBI rules on mobile banking services in India.
- Non disbursement of pension funds or delaying in the service.
- Not accepting or delaying to accept the payment of taxes as said by the RBI without giving any valid reason.
- Closing of a deposit account without giving any notice to the customer and without giving any valid reason.
- Refusal to close or delay in closing an account.
- Non adherence of fair practices as prescribed by the RBI.
- Any defect in offering services like loans and advances.
Banking Ombudsman Complaint Online
Procedure to file a complaint with the banking ombudsman
- Go to the official banking ombudsman website portal.
- From the homepage, click on the file complaint option.
- From the menu bar, select the location of BO which depends on your complaint and then choose the bank branch.
- Next fill the description of the complaint and check details then click on the submit option.
- Reference number will come, click and download the figure in PDF form for future reference.
- After receiving your complaint the banking ombudsman will check the matter. You will get a satisfactory answer or resolution within 30 days.
Complaint through email method
Any applicant can make a complaint through the email process. You need to send a grievance email to the banking ombudsman. However, the claim is solved within 30 days by the authorities. If in case the customer is not satisfied with the decision he can take the matter to the customer court.
Banking Ombudsman Complaint Status
Procedure to check RBI complaint status
To check status visit the URL
- How you can track banking ombudsman complaint status.
To track your complaint status go to the link https://cms.rbi.org.in/rbi/VividFlow/run/trackapplicationrbi?
Disclaimer - We do not sponsor or promote any company or product. Any company or product mentioned in the article has no association with us. Use the information on your own risk and consent. हमारा किसी हमारा हमारा किसी भी कंपनी या प्रोडक्ट जो इस आर्टिकल मे उपलबद्ध है, उससे कोई संबंध नहीं है । किसी भी जानकारी को अपने रिस्क और स्वेच्छा से ही इस्तेमाल करें । Note : Please do not post your personal details in comment. This website is an informative website and you must always contact official website or official authorities for support. Do not share your personal details here.