Why has ICICI Bank disabled online transactions for Debit cards?
ICICI Bank has disabled online transactions for Debit cards to safeguard customers’ cards as per RBI guidelines. Customers received an SMS notification informing them about the deactivation of online transactions.
How can I activate my ICICI Debit card for online transactions?
If your ICICI Debit card is deactivated for online payments and you want to enable it again, you can do so through two online methods: Mobile Banking and Internet Banking.
1. Activate Online Transactions for ICICI Debit Card Through Mobile Banking:
To enable online transactions for your ICICI Debit card, follow these steps:
- Login to the iMobile Banking application.
- Click on “Services.”
- Tap on “Card Services” and then select “Modify Debit Card Limit.”
- Choose the “Domestic” option and then select “POS & E-Commerce.”
- Set the limit for your card and submit. If you need international online payment access, select the “International” option and set the limit accordingly.
2. Enable Online Transactions for ICICI Debit Card through Internet Banking:
To activate online transactions for your ICICI Debit card through net banking, follow these steps:
- Open the ICICI net banking page and log in to your account.
- Click on “Cards & Loan” and select “ATM/Debit Card.”
- Choose “Manage Card Limit.”
- Select “Domestic Limits” and set the limit for online transactions. For international online usage, select the “International” option and set the new limit for your card.
Can I activate online transactions if my ICICI Debit card is blocked for online usage?
Yes, even if your ICICI Debit card is blocked for online transactions, you can still enable it for online usage by following the above-mentioned methods.
Is there any time limit to activate online transactions for my ICICI Debit card?
There is no specific time limit to activate online transactions for your ICICI Debit card. You can do it at your convenience through mobile banking or internet banking.
Can I enable online transactions for my ICICI Debit card at an ATM?
No, online transactions cannot be enabled for ICICI Debit cards at an ATM. You can only do it through mobile banking or internet banking.
Will enabling online transactions affect my existing ATM transactions?
No, enabling online transactions for your ICICI Debit card will not affect your existing ATM transactions. It will only activate online usage for your card while keeping other transaction modes unaffected.
Can I set different limits for domestic and international online transactions?
Yes, you can set different limits for domestic and international online transactions as per your preferences and requirements.